Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Is the Grand Canyon on your bucket list?

I've always wanted to take a trip to the Grand Canyon. Now at the age of 44, I'm one day away from a tent trailer trip to the GC with my family.
It all started last spring at our weekly Wednesday night dinner at church. We were sitting our friends, the Harmon's, when the subject of bucket lists came up. I mentioned always wanting to see the GC and the next thing you know the planning was under way for a trip to the Grand Canyon with the Rollings and the Harmon's.
While my family has never really "camped" before. Our idea of roughing it is no A/C in the hotel room. I thought it would be real fun to tow a popup trailer behind the van and make the most of it.
After months of planning, we are only a day away from the beginning of our trip. We are planning a 10 day trip through Nebraska, Colorado and Arizona.
With several stops along the way, this trip is assured of many adventures and making lasting memories.
I will be posting a daily blog during our trip. Stop back to read and look at pictures about our trip.

4 comments:

  1. The Grand Canyon is amazing!! I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking that it didn't even look real!! Have a wonderful time with your family....memories for sure to be made! Can't wait to read about your trip and revisit this marvel through your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Laura!!!! We're gonna have fun just reading abt it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Laura!!!! We're gonna have fun just reading abt it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful adventure!!! Carsten and Erika please blog too.

    ReplyDelete