Monday, August 20, 2012

Not just another fond memory

After a day of rest of figured I would summarize our trip to the Grand Canyon.
Our last day started with some disappointment that our hotel did not have a pool. The plan was to let the kids swim until around noon and then shove off on our last drive. The good news is that we were able to get an earlier start and got home around 7pm.
About halfway thru our last day, we stopped and got gas. I noticed that one of our tires was low. I filled it up and really didn't think much about, until Sunday morning when we went to get in the van and the tire was completely flat. Thank goodness that didn't happen during the trip. A quick trip to discount tire and we're back in gear.
Pretty uneventful last day. The Harmon's brought over pizza and we had one last dinner and then called it a night.
We had a blast and I want to thank the Harmon's for introducing us to the camping experience. We couldn't have asked for better weather. No bugs! And most importantly, a great family to travel with.
The Rollings are already trying to think of ways that we can use the camper next summer.

Thanks for reading the blog of our trip!

If you liked what you read, please follow this blog. I will be blogging about everyday day life. Oh yeah, and about construction too!

No comments:

Post a Comment