After a short ride today, we arrived at the Air Force Academy visitors center around 1pm. It was fun to visit again and this time with friends. We took the walking path to the chapel, which is a beautiful site to see. The First time we visited was at the end of the day, so we were rushed thru everything. This time we took our time and I'm glad we did. I noticed a huge beautiful organ in the chapel. They also have several rooms within the main chapel for other denominations. This time we also took in the 15 minute movie about the Air Force Academy. Very interesting about the dedication and honor of all of the cadets. After the visit to the AFA we made our way to the Garden of the Gods campground. After battling the traffic and an accident on the side if the road, we made it to grounds safe and sound. The first time of backing up a trailer was quite an adventure after almost ripping the oil pan off the car trying to pull into our spot. While looking in the mirror to get direction from the backing up help, I noticed her head down in her phone not paying attention to me and my task, whatsoever. Thankfully Mike was near by and had the patience to guide me into the parking spot. I later found out she was texting her cousin, who was nearby and joined us for dinner. It didn't make me feel much better, but I got over it.
Setting up the popup camper went pretty quick. The kids were very eager to help. Later I found out why. They figured the popup was there own fort to play in. I quickly became grumpy Gus and put an end to that. We'll see how much help they are next time, knowing we're only using them to sleep in. Safe bet it will be just the parents on that task next time. The first camp out dinner went great. Both Susan's adapted the menu well when we found out there were no fire pits at our sites. We'll save the potato packets on the fire for another night. Sloppy joes and macaroni salad was a great meal to end the day. We decided to save the Garden if the God tour until Saturday morning on our way out of town.
Tomorrow will bring a short trip thru the Garden of the Gods and then about a 6 hour drive to Mesa Verde and the cave dwellings.
Have a Great Night!!




No comments:
Post a Comment