Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reflecting on almost 10 years in business

As homework for rebuilding our website, I have been pouring through old pictures to find the best shots to use to show what RollingBrock can do.  It's brought back a lot of old memories of some of our first projects.  In 2001 Kurt and I took a chance and started a brand new company by building houses in St Michael.  Since then we've remodeled houses, torn others down, and been in the parade of homes 5 times.  We've pounded nails, poured concrete, painted a lot of walls, and planted a few trees.   Below is a picture of the two of us standing in front of our first sale.  Embarrassing picture aside, Kurt and I are very proud that we've been able to build the company from scratch to over $9 million in sales and satisfied customers in neighborhoods all across the twin cities in just over 9 years.  It's been a lean market for construction over the last couple years but we are still going strong and looking forward to tackling all of the challenges that lie ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work. Your houses are beautiful!
    Jeff Condon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember busting your finger on that front door trim? I can't believe you stayed to finish work that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I remember. It's that door trim behind us in the picture. I broke my finger in 5 places but we were closing on the house in a couple days so I took one for the team. Didn't you break your toe the same day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I broke my toe installing silt fence on the house next door. It was on the day that the home was being inspected and the inspector wanted us to install silt fence on top of a hill. He was afraid the water was going to go uphill. Oh the memories! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete